Emo Court house seen from across the lake and a part of the extensive formal gardens.
In 1790, this magnificent neo-classical home was designed for
the Earls of Portarlington. In the 18th century, the enormous gardens, woodlands and lake
were laid out.
A private residence until 1994, this property is now managed by Heritage Ireland. The house, still furnished, can be seen by appointment, and there is a tea room on site.