the manners club
The masthead of this 2003 edition includes the words "since 1847." Today the front page of this pre-confederation paper also has a blue banner with the web address, similar to that of the Kingston Whig-Standard.
The Peterborough Examiner was established twenty years before Confederation. Between 1942 and 1955 it was edited by the well known novelist and playwright Robertson Davies.
He remained the owner under the editorship of Ralph Hancox for another ten years until the daily was sold in 1965 to the Thompson chain.