Photo: Courtesy of R. Todd King
The Algonquin is located in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, a wee coastal town close to the border of Maine. It's named after an aboriginal group from the Ottawa Valley.
The town was founded in 1783 by United Empire Loyalists and named in honour of St. Andrews in Scotland.
This beautiful coastal village has been home to many famous people, among them Father of Confederation Sir Charles Tupper and William C. van Horne of the CPR. The Algonquin was built in 1889, making the town the first seaside resort in Canada. The hotel burned to the ground in 1914 and was rebuilt the following year.